In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
French onion meatloaf with lentil and plum salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
We’re about to rock your world in one single bite. Loaded with juicy meat, caramelized onion, savory herbs, and a bubbling layer of cheese, this French-American mash-up is one of our favorite meals to date.
In your bag
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ⅓ cup cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
- ½ cup cooked black lentils
- 1 organic plum or other stone fruit
- Sunbasket tahini goddess dressing (tahini - scallions - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories 550, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Assemble and bake the meatloaf
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with oil.
- Set aside half the garlic-herb blend for the onion.
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, using a fork or whisk, blend the egg with the oats and half the garlic-herb blend. Add your protein, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared sheet pan and form into a 6-by-2-inch loaf [2 loaves].
Bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until the meatloaf is almost cooked through, 13 to 15 minutes for ground beef-pork, beef, pork, or plant-based Impossible Burger and 15 to 18 minutes for chicken or turkey. While the meatloaf is baking, prepare the onion.
Prep and cook the onion
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften and brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the remaining garlic-herb blend and ¼ to ½ cup red wine or stock (from your pantry) or water and simmer until thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Finish the meatloaf
Remove the meatloaf from the oven, spoon the caramelized onion over the top, and sprinkle with the cheese blend. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and starting to brown and the meatloaf is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more; a metal knife inserted into the center for 30 seconds should come out hot to the touch, or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should register 160°F for ground beef-pork, beef, pork, or plant-based Impossible Burger and 165°F for chicken or turkey. While the meatloaf finishes baking, make the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Rinse the lentils.
- Cut the plum in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
In a large bowl, stir together the lentils and half the tahini goddess dressing. Add the plum and mixed greens and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more dressing, if desired (set aside any remaining dressing for serving).
Transfer the salad to individual plates. Slice the meatloaf and arrange on the plates. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Grease the sheet pan for the meatloaf.
- Divide the garlic-herb blend.
- Time the cooking.
- Rinse the lentils.
- Assemble the salad.