In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
French Quarter–style Black Angus rib-eye steaks with olive tapenade
Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
This Big Easy–inspired steak, served with green beans and a blend of Castelvetrano and Kalamata olives, brings New Orleans flavor to your dinner table.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- Sun Basket Creole spice blend (sweet paprika - granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano - cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- Sun Basket caper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
Calories: 600, Protein: 53g (106% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 1180mg (49% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the steaks, Creole spice blend, and Worcestershire sauce and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight (see Make It Ahead). Meanwhile, prepare the olive tapenade and green beans.
Make the olive tapenade
- Finely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
In a small bowl, stir together the olives and caper vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the green beans and peppers
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the green beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the roasted red peppers and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the steaks
In the same pan used for the green beans, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the steaks from the marinade, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Add the steaks to the pan.
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
Transfer the steaks and green beans to individual plates, top the steaks with the olive tapenade, and serve.
- Stir the olive tapenade.
- Time the steaks.
- Top the steaks with the olive tapenade.