In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh ricotta cavatelli and zucchini with pesto alla trapanese
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
For this flavorful Sicilian-style dish, we use ricotta cavatelli because it’s small shell shape holds onto sauces beautifully. That way, you can enjoy our rich pesto alla trapanese in every bite.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh ricotta cavatelli
- 1 organic yellow or other summer squash
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket Sicilian spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - sweet smoked paprika - turmeric)
- Sunbasket pesto alla trapanese (tomatoes - almonds - sun-dried tomatoes - Parmesan - garlic - kosher salt)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories: 480, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 20mg (7% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the squash; cook the cavatelli
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the cavatelli. Separate the cavatelli so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking.
- Cut the yellow squash and zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
To the pot of boiling water, stir in the cavatelli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the cavatelli, reserving ⅓ cup [⅔ cup] pasta cooking water. Return the cavatelli to the pot; toss with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil to keep the noodles from sticking. While the water is heating and the cavatelli is cooking, prepare the parsley and start the sauce.
Prep the parsley; make the sauce
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the Sicilian spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the yellow squash and zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in the pesto, cavatelli, reserved pasta cooking water, and arugula and cook until the sauce is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the cavatelli and sauce to individual bowls, garnish with the parsley, and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water.
- Separate the cavatelli.
- Time the cavatelli.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.