Fresh corn and black bean tacos with Cotija cheese
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Soy Free
We owe the rich, smoky flavor of these tacos to Oaktown Spice Shop’s mole poblano blend, which earns its complexity the hard way, its chiles roasted at a low temperature for many hours. Here, in just minutes, the blend infuses fresh corn and black beans with the authentic taste you’d find at a roadside stand in Baja.
- 2 ears corn
- 6 ounces black beans
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Oaktown Spice Shop mole poblano
- 4 scallions
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 6 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 ounce grated Cotija cheese
- 1 ounce roasted pumpkin seeds
Prep the vegetables
- Shuck the corn; lay the ears flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Rinse the black beans.
- If using, thinly slice the jalapeño pepper.
Cook the corn and beans
Cook the scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut in half lengthwise and then into 2-inch pieces.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut it into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Warm the tortillas
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 630, Protein: 19 g, Total Fat: 34 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 14.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Carbohydrates: 73 g, Fiber: 20 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 310 mg