In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean tacos with corn and queso fresco
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
The chocolaty and smoky flavor of our mole poblano spice blend infuses these gluten-free, vegetarian tacos with their rich taste.
In your bag
- 3 scallions
- 1 ear corn
- 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- Sun Basket mole poblano spice blend (ancho chile powder - coconut sugar - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic - cinnamon - cocoa powder - sesame seeds - salt)
- 1 avocado
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 ounce queso fresco
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 23g (92% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars (Mole poblano blend contains trace amounts of coconut sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
While the scallions cook, prepare the corn and black beans.
Prep and cook the corn and black beans
- Shuck the corn. Lay the cob flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Rinse the black beans.
- If using, trim the stem end from the jalapeño; thinly slice the jalapeño crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
While the corn and beans cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6 tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.