In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh fusilli with broccoli rabe, ricotta salata, and sweet pea pistou
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Did you know you can eat the stalks, flowers, and leaves of broccoli rabe? Talk about a whole food! This cruciferous veg adds tons of nutrients to our Southern Italian–inspired pasta with sweet pea pistou.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch organic broccoli rabe (about ¾ pound)
- 3 tablespoons Marcona almonds
- 1½ ounces ricotta salata
- 7 ounces fresh fusilli
- ½ ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sunbasket sweet pea pistou (extra virgin olive oil - peas - spinach - Parmesan - garlic)
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
Calories 690, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 960mg (42% DV), Total Carb. 70g (25% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients; cook the fusilli
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the fusilli.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Trim the root ends from the broccoli rabe; cut the broccoli rabe into 1-inch lengths.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Crumble or coarsely chop the ricotta salata.
To the pot of boiling water, stir in the fusilli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the fusilli. Return the fusilli to the pot; toss with about 1 teaspoon oil to keep the noodles from sticking. While the fusilli is cooking, make the sauce.
Cook the sauce; finish the pasta
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the garlic, broccoli rabe, almonds, and sun-dried tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli rabe is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and sweet pea pistou and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the fusilli and toss to coat.
Transfer the fusilli and sauce to individual bowls. Sprinkle with the ricotta salata and as much Aleppo chile as you like and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the fusilli.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Crumble the ricotta salata.
- Time the fusilli.
- Sprinkle the ricotta salata.