In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh fusilli with kale, artichokes, and feta
Vegetarian, Spicy, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
This Italian- and Spanish-influenced pasta bursts off the plate with Mediterranean flavors. Briny olives, tender artichokes, and tangy sun-dried tomatoes mix up each bite with golden fusilli. Delicious? Si!
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh fusilli
- 3 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale
- Sunbasket sofrito (cilantro - roasted red peppers - tomatoes - onion - garlic - parsley - dried Mexican oregano)
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- ½ teaspoon piment d'Espelette
Calories: 540, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 1020mg (43% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes; cook the fusilli
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in very hot tap water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Bring a medium sauce pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Separate the fusilli so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking. Add the fusilli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the fusilli, reserving ½ cup [¾ cup] pasta cooking water. Meanwhile, prepare the olives.
Prep the olives; cook the sauce
- Cut the olives in half, checking for any pits.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, stir in the kale, season with salt and pepper, and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the sofrito and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the olives, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and reserved pasta cooking water and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, stir in the fusilli, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fusilli and sauce to individual bowls. Garnish with the almonds, feta, and piment d'Espelette and serve.
- Salt the fusilli cooking water.
- Separate the fusilli.
- Measure the oil for the kale.
- Garnish with the almonds and feta.