Fresh pappardelle with cremini mushrooms, spinach, and ricotta
30 – 40 Minutes
A final dollop of fresh ricotta and a squeeze of lemon brighten the autumnal flavors in this easy and nourishing vegetarian mushroom pasta.
- 7 ounces fresh pappardelle
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 lemon
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
The optional white wine added to the sauce in Step 3 acts like salt to help brighten the flavors. If you don’t have any on hand or prefer not to cook with it, swapping in water will result in an equally delicious dish.
Cook the pappardelle
While the water heats and the pappardelle cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stem; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; cut the mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Zest the lemon; cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
Cook the vegetables and sauce
Raise the heat to medium-high, add the mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add ¼ cup white wine or water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
Finish the pasta
Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 35mg (12% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Tree nuts, milk, wheat, eggs.