Fresh pappardelle with cremini mushrooms, spinach, and ricotta
30 – 40 Minutes
A final dollop of fresh ricotta and a squeeze of lemon brighten the winter flavors in this easy and nourishing vegetarian mushroom pasta.
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 lemon
- 7 ounces fresh pappardelle
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
The optional white wine added to the sauce in Step 2 acts like salt to help brighten the flavors. If you don’t have any on hand or prefer not to cook with it, swap in water for an equally delicious dish.
Prep the sauce ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stem; coarsely chop enough leaves to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; cut the mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Zest the lemon; cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
Heat the water; cook the vegetables and sauce
Raise the heat to medium-high, add the mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add ¼ cup white wine or water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce is thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
While the mushrooms and sauce cook, cook the pappardelle.
Cook the pappardelle
Finish the pasta
Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Calories: 740, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 160mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.