In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh pasta salad tricolore with pancetta, feta, and Italian dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Great served warm, cold, or at room temperature, this colorful gluten-free pasta salad packs up well for a potluck.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket Italian dressing base (water - champagne vinegar - honey - Parmesan - parsley - garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh gluten-free penne
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- 3 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories 630, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 660mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 81g (29% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 12g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion; make the dressing
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
Cook the penne
To the pot of boiling water, stir in the penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the penne and set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the pancetta.
Cook the pancetta
In a small frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and beginning to crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the pancetta to a paper-towel-lined plate. Meanwhile, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Finish the pasta salad
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the onion and dressing.
- Time the penne.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salad.