In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne and “creamy” white sauce with sausage and Brussels sprouts
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Super-easy and flavor-packed, this hearty fresh pasta meal comes together in about 20 minutes.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sunbasket “creamy” white sauce base (almond milk - cashew butter - lemon juice - Dijon mustard - capers - vegan Worcestershire - kosher salt - nutritional yeast - garlic - black pepper - onion powder)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories 620, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 145mg (48% DV), Sodium 1570mg (68% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 2g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond, cashew), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the Brussels sprouts and sausage
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts: thinly slice the sprouts.
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the sausage, Brussels sprouts, and sauce
While the sauce cooks, boil the penne.
Cook the penne; finish the dish
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Salt the water for the penne.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Time the penne.
- Garnish with the parsley and Parmesan.