In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne and “creamy” white sauce with sausage and Brussels sprouts
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Super-easy and flavor-packed, this hearty fresh pasta meal comes together in about 20 minutes.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sun Basket “creamy” white sauce base (almond milk - cashew butter - lemon juice - Dijon mustard - capers - vegan Worcestershire - kosher salt - nutritional yeast - garlic - black pepper - onion powder)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories: 620, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 145mg (48% DV), Sodium: 1570mg (65% DV), Carbohydrates: 66g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond, cashew), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the Brussels sprouts and sausage
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts: thinly slice the sprouts.
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the sausage, Brussels sprouts, and sauce
While the sauce cooks, boil the penne.
Cook the penne; finish the dish
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Salt the water for the penne.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Time the penne.
- Garnish with the parsley and Parmesan.