In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne pasta salad with broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes
Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the classic Midwestern summer pasta salad, this one-pan wonder features fresh penne, mixed vegetables, and bright sun-dried tomatoes.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh curly-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket Italian dressing base (water - champagne vinegar - honey - Parmesan - parsley - garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
- ¼ cup paleo mayo
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- ½ cup sliced pitted black olives
Calories: 780, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 45g (69% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 160mg (53% DV), Sodium: 860mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 76g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 2.8g (6% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne and sun-dried tomatoes
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the pasta salad
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; finely chop the pepper.
- Trim any coarse stems from the broccoli; coarsely chop the broccoli.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Fill a sauce pot with water.
- Salt the water for the pasta.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the dressing.
- Assemble the pasta salad.