In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne with Italian sausage, endive, and peas
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
This super-speedy fresh pasta dish swaps in endive for the broccoli rabe in a twist on the classic Southern Italian combination of sausage and bitter greens.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 head organic endive
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup peas
- ⅓ cup shredded Pecorino Romano
Calories: 710, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 1290mg (54% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the sauce.
Prep the remaining ingredients; start the sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
- Trim the root end from the endive; cut the leaves crosswise into ½-inch-wide slices.
- Zest and juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Finish the pasta
- Salt the water for the penne.
- Time the penne.
- Juice the lemon.
- Garnish the pasta.