In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne with Italian sausage, endive, and peas
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
This super-speedy fresh pasta dish swaps in endive for the broccoli rabe in a twist on the classic Southern Italian combination of sausage and bitter greens.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 head organic endive
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup peas
- ⅓ cup shredded Pecorino Romano
Calories 710, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 1290mg (56% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the sauce.
Prep the remaining ingredients; start the sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
- Trim the root end from the endive; cut the leaves crosswise into ½-inch-wide slices.
- Zest and juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Finish the pasta
- Salt the water for the penne.
- Time the penne.
- Juice the lemon.
- Garnish the pasta.