In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne with Sardinian sausage sauce
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
In true Sardinian style, this comforting pasta dish is seasoned with fennel seeds. Instead of the usual saffron, we add anti-inflammatory turmeric for its golden hue.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons shredded Pecorino Romano
Calories: 750, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 1660mg (69% DV), Carbohydrates: 76g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the sausage.
Prep and cook the sausage
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the sausage cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Time the penne.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Sprinkle the Pecorino Romano and parsley.