In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne with Sardinian sausage sauce
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
In true Sardinian style, this comforting pasta dish is seasoned with fennel seeds. Instead of the usual saffron, we add anti-inflammatory turmeric for its golden hue.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons shredded Pecorino Romano
Calories 750, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 185mg (62% DV), Sodium 1660mg (72% DV), Total Carb. 76g (28% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the sausage.
Prep and cook the sausage
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the sausage cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Time the penne.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Sprinkle the Pecorino Romano and parsley.