In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne with shrimp, baby kale, and pesto alla trapanese
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Superfast and gluten-free, this seafood pasta gets our spin on Sicily’s pesto alla trapanese, a red pesto made with almonds plus fresh and sun-dried tomatoes.
In your bag
- Sunbasket pesto alla trapanese (tomatoes - almonds - sun-dried tomatoes - Parmesan - garlic - kosher salt)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 7 ounces fresh gluten-free penne
- 3 ounces baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories 460, Total Fat 8g (10% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 990mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Let the pesto come to room temperature.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Rinse the shellfish, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
Cook the penne
While the penne boils, cook the shellfish.
Cook the shellfish
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook without turning until browned on one side but not yet cooked through, about 2 minutes.
For the scallops:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque.
Finish the dish
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Time the penne.
- Garnish with the parsley.