In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh penne with spinach, ricotta, and tomato-olive tapenade
Vegetarian, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Ricotta and our spinach-parsley puree form a creamy sauce for fresh whole wheat penne, while a tomato-olive tapenade provides a bright and briny finish.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh whole wheat penne
- 5 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket spinach-parsley puree (EVOO - spinach - parsley)
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- Sun Basket Mediterranean herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Fresh ricotta is traditionally made from sheep’s milk whey, but nowadays it’s often made from cow’s milk. Either way, it tastes milky and has a loose, cottage cheese–like texture. It can be spooned into a dish to add creaminess.
Calories: 620, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 140mg (47% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the tomato-olive tapenade
- Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the penne. Separate the penne so the noodles don't clump together during cooking.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Zest and juice the lemon [save the 2nd lemon for another use], keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the juice for the sauce.
Cook the penne
Cook the sauce; finish the dish
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the penne.
- Separate the penne.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the tomato-olive tapenade.
- Spoon the tapenade on the penne.