In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh ricotta cavatelli with sausage, mushrooms, and walnuts
Soy-Free, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
One of our favorite artisan pasta shapes, cavatelli, carries our “cheese” sauce like nobody’s business for a late-harvest jumble of earthy and rich flavors.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh ricotta cavatelli
- 2 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sausage options:
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 2 fresh chicken sausages with roasted peppers and garlic (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket “cheese” sauce base (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
- 2 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories 800, Total Fat 48g (62% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 1090mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond, cashew, walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the sausage and mushrooms
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the cavatelli. Separate the cavatelli so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Ground sausage: Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Sausage links: Remove the sausage from the casings. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the sausage and mushrooms
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausage and walnuts and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until the sausage is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and the sausage is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. While the sausage and mushrooms are cooking, prepare the parsley and cavatelli.
Cook the cavatelli; finish the dish
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
To the pot of boiling water, add the cavatelli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the cavatelli.
To the pan with the sausage and mushrooms, stir in the “cheese” sauce base and ¾ cup [1½ cups] water, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cavatelli and kale. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the cavatelli, vegetables, and sauce to individual bowls. Garnish with the parsley and as many chile flakes as you like and serve.
- Separate the cavatelli.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Time the cavatelli.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Garnish with the parsley.