In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh whole wheat penne primavera with creamy feta sauce
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
This vegetarian pasta comes together in 15 minutes or less, thanks to fast fresh penne, our ready-made feta sauce, and a bushel of easy-prep vegetables.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- Sunbasket creamy feta sauce base (feta - Greek yogurt - lemon juice - EVOO - Kalamata olives - garlic - dried oregano)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- ½ cup organic peas
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 590, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients; cook the penne
- Let the creamy feta sauce base come to room temperature.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
While the penne cooks, start the sauce.
Make the sauce; finish the dish
Add the tomatoes, parsley, and peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the penne, reserved pasta cooking water, creamy feta sauce base, and spinach (the spinach in batches if needed) and cook until the spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Time the penne.
- Remove half the cauliflower “rice” from the package.