In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh whole wheat penne with Sicilian caponata sauce
Vegetarian, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
This caponata sauce stars eggplant, olives, capers, and sherry vinegar, creating a magical marriage of sweet and sour flavors that’s perfect over fresh pasta.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh whole wheat penne
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories: 630, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the eggplant
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into ½-inch cubes.
Cook the penne
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the caponata sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Rinse the capers.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Time the penne.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the capers.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the Parmesan and parsley.