In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fresh whole wheat penne with ricotta and broccoli two ways
Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Brought to life with juicy tomatoes and broccoli two ways, this creamy Italian-inspired pasta is best enjoyed out on the patio during golden hour.
In your bag
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons pistachios
- 5 ounces organic broccoli di ciccio
- 1 bunch organic broccoli leaves (about ¾ pound)
- 6 ounces organic cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1½ ounces ricotta salata
Calories: 680, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 150mg (50% DV), Sodium: 330mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 83g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (pistachio), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
- Let the fresh ricotta come to room temperature.
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Coarsely chop the pistachios. Set aside half for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the broccoli di ciccio; cut the broccoli into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove any coarse stems from the broccoli leaves; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the vegetables; finish the pasta
Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes, fresh ricotta, penne, and reserved pasta cooking water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Salt the pasta cooking water.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the onion and garlic.
- Garnish the dish.