In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fried black rice with ground turkey and shichimi
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
This better-for-you fried rice combines antioxidant- and iron-rich black rice with protein-packed lean turkey and eggs plus plenty of vegetables.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about ½ pound)
- 1 organic lime
- ¾ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
Calories: 750, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 250mg (83% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
Cook the turkey and vegetables
Finish the fried rice
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Garnish with the scallions.
- Sprinkle with the shichimi togarashi.