In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fried chicken sandwiches with chipotle mayo and mango salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 840 Calories/Serving
We’ve Sunbasketized the greasy deep-fried chicken of your youth into a light, easy version dredged in a cornmeal–whole wheat flour blend—it’s more delicious than ever.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket cornmeal dry blend (cornmeal - whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 organic mango
- 1 organic avocado
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- 2 whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket chipotle mayo (paleo mayo - chipotle chile powder - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 840, Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 82g (30% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 50g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chicken
- Place the chicken on a large piece of plastic wrap and sprinkle the meat with a few drops of water. Cover with another piece of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin or a heavy frying pan to flatten to an even thickness of about ½ inch. Remove the plastic wrap, pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the cornmeal dry blend with salt and pepper and as much cayenne as you like and spread in an even layer.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the mango salad.
Make the mango salad
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the tarragon leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Toast the buns; assemble the sandwiches
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Strip the tarragon leaves.
- Measure the oil for the mango salad.
- Assemble the salad.