In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fried chicken sliders with honey-mustard mayo and pickled zucchini
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Coated in whole wheat panko, this pan-fried chicken springs up with a golden brown crust. We pair them with our custom honey-mustard mayo and quick-pickled zucchini.
In your bag
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 organic pear
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas
- 1 organic lime
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- 4 slider buns
- Sunbasket honey-mustard mayo (Dijon mustard - paleo mayo - honey)
Calories: 660, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 190mg (63% DV), Sodium: 590mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the zucchini
- Thinly slice the zucchini crosswise.
Make the pear–snap pea salad
- Peel the pear, if desired. Core and cut the pear into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the sugar snap peas in half on the diagonal.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; if needed, cut the chicken crosswise to form 4  equal pieces. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the panko with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 3 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
While the chicken cooks, warm the buns.
Toast the buns
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the salad.
- Season and spread the panko.
- Help assemble the sliders.