In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ginger fried jade rice with bok choy, bell pepper, and runny eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, No Added Sugar
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Featuring sushi-style rice, crisp fried eggs, and colorful sautéed veggies, this irresistible dish is worth its weight in jade.
In your bag
- ¾ cup jade rice
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about 6 ounces total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 610, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 870mg (38% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 16g
Contains: Eggs, Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons [2¼ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Spread the rice on a sheet pan to cool. While the rice is cooking and cooling, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside one-fourth for garnish.
Cook the fried rice
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the bell pepper, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the bok choy and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir-fry blend and cook, stirring constantly, until the rice is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt. Stir in the scallions and three-fourths of the cilantro. Transfer the fried rice to individual bowls. Wipe out the pan.
Cook the eggs
In the same pan used for the fried rice, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Crack the eggs directly into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the whites have set and the yolks are slightly runny, 2 to 3 minutes. If you prefer firmer yolks, cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Top each bowl of fried rice with an egg. Garnish with the remaining cilantro and as much sambal oelek as you like and serve.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish the dish with the cilantro.