Ginger fried jade rice
Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Jade rice gets its delicate green color and vanilla flavor from an infusion of bamboo extract. Its flavors would get lost in classic fried rice, so Chef Justine deconstructs the dish, tossing it with a colorful mix of sautéed vegetables and topping it with crisp-edged fried eggs. Because crisp fried rice starts with cold rice (which has less moisture), she cools boiled rice on a sheet pan before sautéeing it.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup Lotus Foods Organic Jade Pearl Rice
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- ½ ounce fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 heads baby bok choy
- 2 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- Stir-fry sauce (mirin - tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Fresh sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
Cook the rice
Prep the vegetables
- Remove the seeds and ribs from the bell pepper. Cut the pepper into thin strips.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; chop the bok choy into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends and thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the fried rice
Fry the eggs
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 670, Protein: 22 g, Total Fat: 28 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 14 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.5 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 225 mg, Carbohydrates: 94 g, Fiber: 11 g, Added Sugar: 3 g, Sodium: 820 mg
Contains: soy, eggs