Fried rice with braised tofu, green beans, and sunny-side up eggs
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Our vegetarian fried rice, complete with nutritious vegetables and Sun Basket’s signature stir-fry blend, makes for a kid-friendly meal everyone will enjoy.
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms
- 6 scallions
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ pound green beans
- 5 ounces mung bean sprouts
- Sun Basket paleo stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
It’s common to trim both ends from green beans but not necessary. Chef Justine saves time (and food waste) by trimming only the tough ends where the beans are snapped off from the stalk. The tapered tips are tender enough to eat.
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Trim the ends from the mushroom stems; cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the white parts for the fried rice and the green parts for garnish.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
Cook the tofu
Cook the vegetables; finish the fried rice
Add the bean sprouts, cooked rice, and stir-fry blend and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is hot throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the eggs.
Fry the eggs
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Garnish the stir-fry with the scallions.
- Set the table.
- Sweep the floor.
Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 93g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts, Soybeans