Frisée salad with pancetta, avocado, and soft-cooked eggs
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
In this summery paleo and gluten-free meal, a classic French salad gets a delicious Cal-Ital spin.
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 head frisée
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 scallions
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
For a richer meal, use the rendered pancetta fat in place of the olive oil in the vinaigrette. If you’re looking for an easier way to peel the eggs, using a serrated knife, cut the cooked eggs in half (shell and all!) and scoop out each half with a spoon.
Cook the eggs
While the water heats and the eggs cook, prepare the pancetta.
Cook the pancetta
While the pancetta cooks, prepare the salad.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients; make the vinaigrette
- Trim the root end from the frisée; coarsely chop the frisée.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into bite-size pieces.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
Toss the salad
Protein: 14g (28% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 45g (69% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 810mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).