Fully loaded beef tacos with Mexican simmer sauce
Gluten-Free, Paleo-Friendly, Soy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
It takes only about half an hour to whip up these flavor-packed tacos, thanks to our ready-made simmer sauce for the beef and easy fixins.
In your bag
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 poblano (optional)
- Sun Basket Mexican simmer sauce base (tomatoes - onion - olive oil - fresh garlic - chili powder - sweet paprika - coriander - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 16 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas*
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1 red onion
- 1 lime
- 2 or 3 Roma tomatoes (about 7 ounces total)
- 2 avocados
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend* (Monterey Jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Calories: 630, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.