In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fusilli with charred corn, cherry tomatoes, and ricotta salata
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Get to know the concentrated sweetness and subtle smokiness of lightly charred fresh corn in this easy vegetarian main course.
In your bag
- 5 ounces whole grain fusilli
- 1 ear corn
- 1 summer squash
- 1 shallot
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- Fresh basil
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 2 ounces ricotta salata
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 30mg (10% DV), Sodium 660mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, cook the corn.
Prep and char the corn
- Shuck the corn. Lay the cob flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
While the corn cooks, prepare the remaining pasta ingredients.
Prep the remaining pasta ingredients
- Trim the ends from the summer squash; cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallot to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Zest and juice half the lemon; save the other lemon half for another use.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Cook the vegetables; finish the pasta
Add the tomatoes, paprika, and as many chile flakes as you like. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes start to break down, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the fusilli and reserved pasta cooking water and cook until hot and the liquid has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the corn, lemon zest and juice, and basil and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.