In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fusilli with leeks, fennel, and roasted red pepper
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Even if you don’t like fennel, give this dish a chance. By slowly cooking it in broth, the flavor mellows and becomes a delicious, buttery component in this pasta dish.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa fusilli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 small leeks
- 1 medium fennel bulb (about 7 ounces)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Meyer or Eureka lemon
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh basil or other leafy herb such as parsley
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket vegan “Parmesan” (nutritional yeast - almond meal)
Calories 520, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 83g (30% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 13g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the fusilli and cook until just tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup [1 cup] pasta cooking water. Return the fusilli to the pot and toss with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil.
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, prepare the bell pepper.
Roast the bell pepper
While the pepper cools, prepare the leeks and fennel.
Prep and brown the leeks and fennel
- Trim the roots from the leeks and cut the leeks in half lengthwise. Keeping the leek halves intact, carefully rinse under cold water, gently cleaning between the layers to remove any dirt. Cut the leek halves crosswise into 1-inch-thick segments, enough to measure 1½ cups [3 cups], keeping the layers together.
- Trim the root end from the fennel. Cut the fennel in half lengthwise, keeping the core intact; cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
Braise the leeks and fennel
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the lemon and basil; finish the dish
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Rinse the leeks.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish with vegan “Parmesan” and basil.