In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fusilli with Italian beef ragù and kale Caesar salad
Soy-Free, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Beat the clock with this quick and easy ragù, made with ground beef, fresh fusilli, and our house-made marinara for long-cooked Neapolitan flavor. On your mark, get set, cook!
In your bag
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh fusilli (contains eggs)
- 3 ounces organic baby kale
- Sunbasket Caesar dressing (paleo mayo - Parmesan - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic - anchovy paste - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces ground beef
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - garlic - basil - salt - spices)
Calories 770, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 150mg (50% DV), Sodium 910mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli; make the Caesar salad
- Set aside half the Parmesan for garnish.
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Separate the fusilli so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking. Add the fusilli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the fusilli.
In a medium bowl, toss together the kale, Caesar dressing, and half the Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. While the water is heating and the fusilli is cooking, start preparing the ragù.
Make the beef ragù
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the marinara and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is cooked through and the sauce starts to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the fusilli and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fusilli to individual bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Serve the Caesar salad on the side.
- Divide the Parmesan in half.
- Separate the fusilli.
- Assemble the Caesar salad.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Sprinkle the fusilli with the Parmesan.