In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Garlic-herb chicken over lemony kale and zucchini salad
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
For this Mediterranean-inspired meal, we season pan-cooked chicken with garlic and herbs, then serve it over a lemony kale and zucchini salad. Easy, delicious, and nutritious!
In your bag
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Chicken options:
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 ounces organic chopped kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket Mediterranean lemon dressing (extra virgin olive oil - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
Calories 370, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the zucchini
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, arrange the zucchini in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Do not clean the pan. While the zucchini is cooking, start preparing the garlic and chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Chicken strips: Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and half the garlic-herb blend; save the remaining blend for another use.
- Chicken breasts: Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into 1-inch strips. Season with salt and pepper and half the garlic-herb blend; save the remaining blend for another use.
In the same pan used for the zucchini, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic, then remove from the heat. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the kale and zucchini salad
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
In a medium bowl, combine the kale, zucchini, onion, and Mediterranean lemon dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the kale and zucchini salad to individual plates, top with chicken, and serve.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Time the cooking.
- Measure the onion.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to plates.