Garlic shrimp with white beans and collard greens
Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
20 – 30 Minutes
Our wild shrimp are delicious with earthy collard greens, hearty white beans, garlic, and bright lemon. Don’t skip the paprika-lemon drizzle!
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bunch collard greens (about ½ pound)
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
Make It Leaner
In Step 1, omit the oil and roast the shrimp and garlic in parchment and you will save 20 calories and 2.5 grams of fat per serving. Save another easy 60 calories and 7 grams of fat by eliminating the oil in the lemon-paprika drizzle. A little lemon juice and paprika is all you need to brighten the dish.
Shrimp are naturally high in protein, low in fat, and an excellent source of vitamin B12 and the antioxidant mineral selenium. Because they’re also naturally a bit salty, we season them only lightly with salt.
Roast the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
While the shrimp roast, prepare the collard greens and white beans.
Cook the collard greens and white beans
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Strip the collard green leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Juice the lemon; the juice will be divided between the collard greens and the paprika-lemon drizzle.
Remove from the heat and stir in the shrimp and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the collard greens cook, prepare the paprika-lemon drizzle.
Make the paprika-lemon drizzle
Nutrition per serving:
Gulf shrimp Calories: 420, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 14g (22% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Jumbo shrimp Calories: 430, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.