In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
General Tso's tofu with broccoli and brown rice
Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
In this plant-based remake of the classic General Tso’s chicken, we coat crispy tofu in our umami-rich sauce and then spoon it over nutty brown rice.
In your bag
- ½ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Sun Basket General Tso’s sauce base (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - orange juice - brown sugar - ketchup - garlic)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- ¼ ounce whole dried chiles (optional)
Calories: 540, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 75g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 5g (10% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Prep and cook the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the tofu
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the arrowroot powder, General Tso’s sauce base, and ½ cup [¾ cup] water to form a slurry.
- In a medium bowl, season the rice flour with salt and pepper.
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to the bowl with the rice flour and toss to coat; shake off any excess.
Finish the dish
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Mix the arrowroot slurry.
- Season the rice flour.
- Pat the tofu dry; toss with the rice flour.
- Garnish with the scallions.