In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
General Tso's tofu with green beans and brown rice
Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
With tofu coated in our tangy, umami-rich sauce, General Tso’s chicken gets remixed for plant-based eaters—so delicious, it’s even better than the original.
In your bag
- ½ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 3 organic scallions
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Sun Basket General Tso’s sauce base (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - orange juice - brown sugar - ketchup - garlic)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- ¼ ounce Chinese chiles or Chinese red pepper (optional)
Calories: 560, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 760mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients; start the stir-fry
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 2-inch lengths.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the arrowroot powder, General Tso’s sauce base, and ½ cup [¾ cup] water.
- In a medium bowl, season the rice flour with salt and pepper.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes. Pat the tofu dry with paper towels. Transfer to the bowl with the rice flour and toss to coat; shake off any excess.
Finish the dish
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Combine the arrowroot powder, sauce base, and water.
- Season the rice flour.
- Pat the tofu dry; toss with the rice flour.
- Garnish with the scallions.