In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ginger chicken and bok choy stir-fry with pickled daikon salad
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 330 Calories/Serving
Served with a quick-pickled daikon salad, this lean and clean stir-fry combines fresh ginger, crisp vegetables, and an umami-packed sauce.
In your bag
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket Asian quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- Sun Basket umami stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil)
- 2 or 3 whole dried chiles (optional)
Calories: 330, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 1090mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 29g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the pickled daikon salad
- Scrub or peel the daikon; cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
Prep your protein
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chick*n: Pat the chick*n dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Start cooking your protein
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Peel the ginger; cut into very thin matchsticks or grate with a fine-toothed grater.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
- Scrub the daikon.
- Assemble the pickled daikon salad.
- Combine the ginger and umami stir-fry blend.
- Time the cooking.