In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ginger chicken and bok choy stir-fry with pickled daikon salad
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 330 Calories/Serving
Sweet, salty, and a little funky, fish sauce adds deep umami flavor to this easy stir-fry featuring fresh ginger, crisp vegetables, and crunchy pickled daikon salad.
In your bag
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Asian quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- Sunbasket umami stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 or 2 whole dried chiles (optional)
Calories 330, Total Fat 13g (17% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 1060mg (46% DV), Total Carb. 39g (14% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the pickled daikon salad
- Scrub or peel the daikon; cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
In a medium bowl, combine the daikon, carrots, and Asian quick-pickle brine. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep your protein
Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Start cooking your protein
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes for shrimp or scallops; 2 to 4 minutes for steak or pork; and 3 to 5 minutes for chicken, tofu, or plant-based chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While your protein is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Peel the ginger; cut into very thin matchsticks or grate with a fine-toothed grater. In a small bowl, stir together the ginger and umami stir-fry blend.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
In the same pan used for your protein, add the bok choy and scallions and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add your protein and any accumulated juices, stir-fry blend mixture, and as many chiles as you like and cook, stirring occasionally, until the protein is cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the chiles, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the stir-fry to individual bowls and serve with the pickled daikon salad.
- Scrub the daikon.
- Assemble the pickled daikon salad.
- Combine the ginger and umami stir-fry blend.
- Time the cooking.