In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ginger chicken and bok choy stir-fry with pickled daikon salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 330 Calories/Serving
Sweet, salty, and a little funky, fish sauce adds deep umami flavor to this easy stir-fry featuring fresh ginger, crisp vegetables, and crunchy pickled daikon salad.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Asian quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- Your choice of protein
- 2 or 3 heads organic baby bok choy (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- Sunbasket umami stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 or 2 whole dried chiles (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 330, Total Fat 13g (17% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 1060mg (46% DV), Total Carb. 39g (14% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the pickled daikon salad
- Scrub or peel the daikon; cut the daikon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
In a medium bowl, combine the daikon, carrots, and Asian quick-pickle brine. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep your protein
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Start cooking your protein
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes for shrimp or scallops; 2 to 4 minutes for steak or pork; and 3 to 5 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While your protein is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Peel the ginger; cut into very thin matchsticks or grate with a fine-toothed grater. In a small bowl, stir together the ginger and umami stir-fry blend.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
In the same pan used for your protein, add the bok choy and scallions and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add your protein and any accumulated juices, stir-fry blend mixture, and as many chiles as you like and cook, stirring occasionally, until the protein is cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the chiles, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the stir-fry to individual bowls and serve with the pickled daikon salad.
- Scrub the daikon.
- Assemble the pickled daikon salad.
- Combine the ginger and umami stir-fry blend.
- Time the cooking.