In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ginger-chickpea soup with quinoa, chard, and walnuts
Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
This hearty soup is a nutritional powerhouse with chickpeas, quinoa, and walnuts in a gingery broth.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 bunch organic Swiss or other chard (about ½ pound)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories: 570, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 320mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 63g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the soup
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the soup
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Save the stems for another use or discard.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the quinoa and chickpeas.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Strip the chard leaves.
- Garnish with the cilantro.