In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ginger-sesame chicken with sugar snap peas and red rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Fresh ginger and our custom sesame stir-fry blend inject fast flavor into this easy stir-fry served over red rice.
In your bag
- ½ cup red rice
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 5 ounces organic sugar snap or snow peas
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- Sunbasket sesame stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
Calories 500, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 51g (19% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken browns, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Add the chicken and any accumulated juices and as much sambal oelek as you like. Stir in half the sesame stir-fry blend, adding more if desired. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic and ginger.
- Garnish the dish with cilantro.