Ginger-sesame chicken with sugar snap peas and red rice
Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
30 – 45 Minutes
Fresh ginger and our custom sesame stir-fry blend inject fast flavor to this easy stir-fry served over red rice.
In your bag
- ½ cup red rice
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 5 ounces organic sugar snap or snow peas
- Sesame stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Sambal oelek is one of our favorite tools to bring heat and flavor to a dish. Sambal is an Indonesian term for a sauce made with chiles, and oelek refers to the mortar and pestle traditionally used to make it. We recommend stirring in ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] for mild heat, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] for medium, and the full container for a gentle burn.
Calories: 500, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 51g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.