In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gingered chicken salad with mango and rice noodles
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
There are ordinary chicken salads, and then there is our paleo-friendly and gluten-free version, packed with Southeast Asian flavors.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles*
- 2 limes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- Dressing base (fish sauce - coconut vinegar - coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 romaine hearts
- 2 mangoes
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 470, Total Fat 35g (45% DV), Sat. Fat 14g (70% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 1050mg (46% DV), Total Carb. 58g (21% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 27g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Soak the rice noodles
- Set the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl.
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the limes and chicken.
Prep the limes and poach the chicken
- Juice 1 lime.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the ginger dressing and remaining salad ingredients.
Make the ginger dressing
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Trim the root end from each romaine heart.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
- Trim off the top and bottom of each mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh into two halves away from the pit. Cut each half in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Toss the salad
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the ginger dressing.
- Tear the romaine leaves.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Toss the salad.