In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gingered steak stir-fry
Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
This simple Chinese stir-fry showcases a colorful mix of tomato, broccoli, bell pepper, and your choice of protein—all seasoned with an earthy coriander-cumin spice blend.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- Sun Basket coriander-cumin spice blend (coriander - cumin)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 370, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chile oil (optional) and the vegetables
- Make the chile oil (optional, see Chef’s Tip).
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato lengthwise into quarters.
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
Start cooking your protein
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Add your protein and any accumulated juices, tomato, and ¼ cup [⅓ cup] water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomato starts to soften and the protein is cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and any remaining chile flakes, if desired.
- Measure the ginger.
- Time the cooking.
- Measure the water for the stir-fry.