In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ginger steak stir-fry with steamed cabbage, zucchini, and carrot
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Enjoy an easy breezy meal full of fresh, nutritious ingredients. We’re talking colorful carrots loaded with vitamins, tender zucchini packed with antioxidants, and sweet cabbage boasting heart-healthy compounds.
In your bag
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about ½ pound)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Your choice of protein
- 6 organic scallions
- Two 1-inch pieces organic fresh ginger
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (fish sauce - sherry vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
Calories 370, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 730mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 23g (8% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and steam the vegetables
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; cut the cabbage into 2-inch pieces.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
In a large sauce pot, bring 1 inch of water to a simmer. Add the cabbage, zucchini, carrot, and garlic, season lightly with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the vegetables, then return to the pot and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm. While the vegetables are steaming, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep and cook your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, or pork; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the stir-fry
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces.
- Peel the ginger and cut into matchsticks.
In the same pan used for your protein, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the scallions and ginger and cook until fragrant and starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the stir-fry blend and cook until thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in your protein and any accumulated juices, toss to coat, and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steamed vegetables to individual bowls, top with the stir-fry, and serve.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Fill a sauce pot with 1 inch of water.