In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gingered steak stir-fry with steamed vegetables
Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Paleo
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Put away your take-out menus because this restaurant-inspired meal comes together in a flash. For an exciting bowl of flavor, we stir-fry your choice of protein with fresh ginger, umami-rich fish sauce, and toasted sesame oil.
In your bag
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 6 organic scallions
- Two 1-inch pieces organic fresh ginger
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (fish sauce - sherry vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
Calories: 370, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 730mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 22g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and steam the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; cut the cabbage into 2-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
In a large sauce pot, bring 1 inch of water to a simmer. Add the carrot, zucchini, cabbage, and garlic, season lightly with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the vegetables, then return to the pot and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm. While the vegetables are steaming, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep and cook your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chick*n: Pat the chick*n dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chick*n; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the stir-fry
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces.
- Peel the ginger and cut into matchsticks.
In the same pan used for your protein, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the scallions and ginger and cook until fragrant and starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the stir-fry blend and cook until thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add your protein and any accumulated juices, toss to coat, and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steamed vegetables to individual bowls, top with the stir-fry, and serve.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Fill a sauce pot with 1 inch of water.