In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean spaghetti with ratatouille and gremolata
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Visually striking as well as satisfying to eat, black bean spaghetti keeps this vegetarian and Mediterranean-inspired pasta dish gluten-free.
In your bag
- ½ pound black bean spaghetti
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 organic zucchini or other summer squash (about 6 ounces total)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories: 680, Protein: 57g (114% DV), Fiber: 30g (120% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 35mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates: 55g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the black bean spaghetti
- Measure two-thirds of the spaghetti. Save the rest for another use.
While the water heats and the spaghetti cooks, prepare the ratatouille.
Prep and cook the ratatouille
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the gremolata.
Make the gremolata
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Finish the pasta
- Measure the spaghetti.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon; measure the juice.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the gremolata.