In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gluten-free penne with caponata and smoked mozzarella
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Loaded with eggplant, tomatoes, olives, and capers, this Sicilian-inspired vegetarian pasta gets a creamy, subtly smoky flavor from smoked mozzarella.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa penne
- 1 globe eggplant
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 3 tablespoons pitted Castelvetrano olives
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes
- Caponata spice blend (allspice - sweet smoked paprika - nutmeg)
- 1½ tablespoons capers
- 3½ ounces smoked mozzarella
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 930mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 81g (29% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle the slices on both sides with salt and lay them on a paper-towel-lined sheet pan. Let stand for 10 minutes; pat dry. Cut each slice lengthwise into 1-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Cut the olives in half.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
Cook the vegetables
While the vegetables cook, prepare the mozzarella and parsley.
Prep the mozzarella and parsley; finish the pasta
- Cut the mozzarella into ½-inch cubes.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.