In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gluten-free rigatoni with chicken, kale, and pesto
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
This pasta has much more complex flavor than its short ingredient list might suggest. Thanks to our house-made pesto, it comes together in a flash.
In your bag
- 14 ounces fresh gluten-free rigatoni
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket basil pesto (fresh basil - walnuts - olive oil)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Cook the rigatoni
While the water heats and the rigatoni cooks, prepare the chicken and vegetables.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips and then in half crosswise, if desired.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems.
- Coarsely chop the kale leaves.
Cook the vegetables
Finish the pasta
- Measure the garlic.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Stir in the pesto and Parmesan.
- Serve the meal.
- Sweep the floor.