In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gluten-free rigatoni with chicken, kale, and pesto
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
This pasta has much more complex flavor than its short ingredient list might suggest. Thanks to our house-made pesto, it comes together in a flash.
In your bag
- 14 ounces fresh gluten-free rigatoni
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket basil pesto (fresh basil - walnuts - olive oil)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 300mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Cook the rigatoni
While the water heats and the rigatoni cooks, prepare the chicken and vegetables.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips and then in half crosswise, if desired.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems.
- Coarsely chop the kale leaves.
Cook the vegetables
Finish the pasta
- Measure the garlic.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Stir in the pesto and Parmesan.
- Serve the meal.
- Sweep the floor.