Gluten-free rigatoni with chicken, kale, and pesto
25 – 35 Minutes
This pasta has much more complex flavor than its short ingredient list might suggest. Thanks to our house-made pesto, it comes together in a flash.
- 14 ounces fresh gluten-free rigatoni
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket basil pesto (fresh basil - walnuts - olive oil)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
To get dinner on the table even more quickly, in Step 3, start cooking the onion while you continue prepping the remaining ingredients.
Cook the rigatoni
While the water heats and the rigatoni cooks, prepare the chicken and vegetables.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips and then in half crosswise, if desired.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems.
- Coarsely chop the kale leaves.
Cook the vegetables
Finish the pasta
- Measure the garlic.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Stir in the pesto and Parmesan.
- Serve the meal.
- Sweep the floor.
Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 300mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts