In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Golden coconut curry with tofu, spinach, and black rice
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Black rice makes a striking backdrop to the velvety curry in this gluten-free, vegan main that is great for entertaining and easy to make ahead.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 1 lime
- Golden curry spice blend (yellow curry powder - Madras curry powder - garam masala)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 5 ounces baby spinach
Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Tree nuts, soy.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, make the curry.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the lime in half. Juice half and cut half into wedges for garnish.
Cook the curry
Add the coconut milk and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the vegetables have softened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the spinach and simmer until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with salt.