In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Golden sweet potato curry with chickpeas and whole grain naan
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
This beautiful golden curry is bursting with big flavor and is loaded with fresh vegetables. Our custom spice blend and sauce base help the dish come together fast.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 2 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket curry spice blend (turmeric - cardamom - coriander - cumin - garam masala - Aleppo chile flakes - nutmeg)
- ¼ cup peas
- Sunbasket coconut curry base (tomatoes - coconut milk - onion - cashew butter - garam masala - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander)
- 1 large whole grain naan
Calories 620, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 97g (35% DV), Fiber 19g (68% DV), Total Sugars 24g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into ¼-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon.]
Cook the curry
Add the chickpeas, peas, coconut curry base, and 1 cup [1½ cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the curry cooks, heat the naan.
Toast the naan
- Scrub the sweet potato and carrots.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Measure the water for the curry.
- Tear the naan.