In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek beef skewers with arugula-pear salad and hazelnuts
Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Paleo, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Seasoned with warm spices and raisins, our Greek-inspired skewers come together quickly and cook up beautifully on the stovetop.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Sun Basket Greek spice blend (cinnamon - cayenne - coriander - coconut sugar - nutmeg)
- Wooden skewers
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories: 520, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 85mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 22g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, hazelnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make and cook the skewers
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the skewers and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-pear salad
- Core and cut the pear into 1-inch pieces.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Measure the onion.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Assemble the arugula-pear salad.