In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek beef skewers with arugula-pear salad and hazelnuts
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Warming spices like cinnamon, cayenne, and coriander dance with plump, sweet raisins in these Greek-inspired skewers. Trust us when we say, meat on a stick has never tasted so good.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Your choice of protein
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Sunbasket Greek spice blend (cinnamon - cayenne - coriander - coconut sugar - nutmeg)
- Wooden skewers
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 520, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 85mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 22g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, hazelnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make and cook the skewers
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine the onion, meat, raisins, and Greek spice blend. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 6  ovals, each about ¾ inch thick; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the skewers and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-pear salad
- Core and cut the pear into 1-inch pieces.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, pear, hazelnuts, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the skewers and arugula-pear salad to individual plates. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Measure the onion.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Assemble the arugula-pear salad.