In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek beef skewers with arugula-pear salad and hazelnuts
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Make dinner a Mediterranean breeze with these quick and easy skewers. Just combine savory ground meat with sweet raisins, cinnamon, cayenne, and coriander, then let the warm flavors whisk you away to Greece.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Your choice of protein
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Sunbasket Greek spice blend (cinnamon - cayenne - coriander - coconut sugar - nutmeg)
- Wooden skewers
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Nutrition per serving
Calories 520, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 85mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 22g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, hazelnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make and cook the skewers
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine the onion, ground meat, raisins, and Greek spice blend. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 6  ovals, each about ¾ inch thick; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the skewers and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-pear salad
- Core and cut the pear into 1-inch pieces.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, pear, hazelnuts, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the skewers and arugula-pear salad to individual plates. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Measure the onion.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Assemble the arugula-pear salad.