In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek fasolada with cod and carrot fritters
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
In our hearty spin on this classic Greek bean soup, we add fish to pack in more protein and serve carrot fritters on the side for color and crunch.
In your bag
- 1 organic egg
- 6 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket fritter blend (coconut flour - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 small bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ¼ pound)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sun Basket herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
Calories: 430, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 600mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the carrot fritters
- Crack the egg into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Prep and cook the soup
- Rinse the white beans.
- Zest the lemon; juice half and cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the fish into 2-inch pieces (discarding the trout skin if desired). Season with salt and pepper.
While the soup cooks, finish the fritters.
Cook the fritters
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Line a plate with paper towels.