In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek lamb lettuce cups with cucumber and tomato salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
For this couldn’t-be-easier recipe, we fill crisp romaine lettuce leaves with cumin-spiced lamb and fresh Greek salad.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 organic cucumber
- 6 ounces organic cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
Calories 510, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 15g (75% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 130mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 19g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the lamb
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- On a cutting board, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush the cumin seeds.
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] red wine vinegar; set aside the remaining vinegar for the salad.
While the lamb cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; remove 4  of the largest outer leaves for the lamb and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
Make the cucumber and tomato salad
- Measure the onion.
- Crush the cumin seeds.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Toss the cucumber and tomato salad.