In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek lettuce cups with lamb and sweet mini peppers
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
In this 20-minute recipe, we fill crisp lettuce leaves with cumin-spiced lamb and a fresh Greek salad that’s brightened with our house-made lemon vinaigrette.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- Sun Basket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 1 organic cucumber
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
Calories: 570, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 135mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the lamb
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- On a cutting board, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush the cumin seeds.
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon vinaigrette; set aside the remaining vinaigrette for the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 2 cups [4 cups].
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; thinly slice the peppers crosswise into rings.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 4  of the largest outer leaves for the lamb and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
Assemble the salad
- Measure the onion and cucumber.
- Crush the cumin seeds.
- Stir the lemon vinaigrette.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Assemble the salad.