In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek lamb lettuce cups with sweet mini peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Get in on the handheld dinner action. These crisp lettuce cups are loaded with deliciously seasoned protein that’s brightened with our lemon vinaigrette and brought down to earth with warm cumin.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic cucumber
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
Calories 540, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 140mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 22g (8% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion, cumin, and vinaigrette
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- On a cutting board, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush the cumin seeds.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon vinaigrette for your protein; set aside the remaining vinaigrette for the salad.
Prep and cook your protein
- Ground meat (including plant-based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp, 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp or tofu, and 5 to 7 minutes for ground meat. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon vinaigrette. Meanwhile, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 2 cups [4 cups].
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; thinly slice the peppers crosswise into rings.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the romaine; remove 4  of the largest outer leaves for your protein and save the remaining romaine for another use (alternatively, coarsely chop the remaining romaine leaves and toss with the salad).
Assemble the salad
In another large bowl, toss together the cucumber, sweet mini peppers, tomatoes, chopped romaine (if using), and remaining lemon vinaigrette; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the romaine leaves to individual plates. Top with your protein and salad and serve any remaining salad on the side.
- Measure the onion and cucumber.
- Crush the cumin seeds.
- Stir the lemon vinaigrette.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Assemble the salad.