In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek meatballs with tomato-cucumber salad and lemon-tahini dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Greek farm fare, we’ve got one nutritious and delicious spread for you: crisp cucumber, juicy tomatoes, and your choice of protein seasoned with citrusy sumac.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket za’atar (sumac - sesame seeds - fennel seeds - dried thyme)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 590, Total Fat 46g (59% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 23g (8% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook your protein
- Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat and za'atar, season with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp and za'atar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a plate.
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the scallops and za'atar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a plate.
While your protein is cooking, start preparing the salad.
Make the tomato-cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Peel the onion and cut into enough ¼-inch-thick slices to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, mint, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper.
Finish the lemon-tahini dressing
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 2 to 3 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual plates and top with your protein. Spoon over as much lemon-tahini dressing as you like and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Measure the cucumber and onion.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Drizzle the protein with dressing.