In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek meatballs with tomato-cucumber salad and lemon-tahini dressing
Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Greek farm fare, we created a colorful spread of crisp cucumber, juicy tomatoes, and your choice of protein spiced with citrusy sumac and minty thyme.
In your bag
- Sun Basket za’atar (sumac - sesame seeds - fennel seeds - dried thyme)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Calories: 590, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 45g (69% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 135mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook your protein
- Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat and za'atar, season with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp and za'atar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the scallops and za'atar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the tofu and za'atar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
While your protein is cooking, start preparing the salad.
Make the tomato-cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Peel the onion and cut into enough ¼-inch-thick slices to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Finish the lemon-tahini dressing
- Measure the cucumber and onion.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Drizzle the protein with dressing.