In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek souzoukaklia beef skewers with arugula-grape salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
We see a delicious Greek island vacation in your future. Just fire up these spiced beef skewers, toss together the salad—and mamma mia! You’ve just cooked your way to Mykonos.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Your choice of protein
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Sunbasket Greek spice blend (cinnamon - cayenne - coriander - coconut sugar - nutmeg)
- Wooden skewers
- 1 organic lemon
- ¼ pound organic red or other grapes
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 510, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 85mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 22g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, hazelnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the souzoukaklia
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat, onion, raisins, and Greek spice blend. Season with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, shape the mixture into 6  ovals, each about ¾ inch thick; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
Sear the lemon; cook the souzoukaklia
- Cut the lemon in half crosswise.
In a dry large frying pan over high heat, add the lemon halves, cut sides down, and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In the same pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the souzoukaklia skewers and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-grape salad
- Remove any stems from the grapes; cut the grapes in half.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Squeeze enough juice from one of the seared lemon halves to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]; set aside the lemon halves for serving.
Transfer the souzoukaklia skewers to individual plates and squeeze the remaining juice from the seared lemon halves over them. Serve with the arugula-grape salad.
- Measure the onion.
- Time the cooking.
- Remove any stems from the grapes.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Assemble the salad.