In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Greek-style chickpea gyros with spinach and tzatziki
Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
In these vegetarian Greek-style gyros, chickpeas tossed with our smoky harissa blend make a satisfying alternative to the usual beef or lamb.
In your bag
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Sun Basket harissa spice blend (granulated garlic - harissa powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 organic red onion
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic cucumber
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 4 round whole grain lavash
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 620, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (0% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 84g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the chickpeas
- Rinse the chickpeas; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the chickpeas roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the vegetables; make the tzatziki
- Peel the onion and thinly slice half for garnish; save the remaining onion for another use.
- Cut the tomatoes in half; cut any large tomatoes into quarters. Set aside for garnish.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ¼-inch pieces. Measure ¼ cup [½ cup] for the tzatziki; set aside the rest for serving.
Warm the lavash
Assemble the gyros
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Mash the cucumber; stir the tzatziki.
- Brush the lavash with oil.
- Help assemble the gyros.